Epic Rap Battles of History Idea

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Re: Epic Rap Battles of History Idea

Post by CharlesNelson »

The intro section where the announcer announces the rappers' names sounds nothing like it did in the Nice Peter video several weeks ago where he played a snippet of Al's intro.

Actually, the intro section sounds nothing like any ERBoH rap ever before. There's almost no background track to speak of until Al begins.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is highly suspicious and has something to do with Al announcing his new album. I don't know how what I just said would be plausible - if anything, they would show something after "You Decide!" as the track fades out - but if Al called up Nice Peter and said "Hey, I'd love to reveal a few details about my new album in the Newton video," Peter would absolutely say yes.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

CharlesNelson wrote:The intro section where the announcer announces the rappers' names sounds nothing like it did in the Nice Peter video several weeks ago where he played a snippet of Al's intro.

Actually, the intro section sounds nothing like any ERBoH rap ever before. There's almost no background track to speak of until Al begins.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is highly suspicious and has something to do with Al announcing his new album. I don't know how what I just said would be plausible - if anything, they would show something after "You Decide!" as the track fades out - but if Al called up Nice Peter and said "Hey, I'd love to reveal a few details about my new album in the Newton video," Peter would absolutely say yes.
Actually it's just a slow build up in the beat. Darth Vader VS Adolf Hitler 3 sort of had that kinda build up. The intro is always just the logo, the first rapper, VS, the next rapper, then begin! Al could've called Nicepeter yesterday to ask him to put something in the end slate though EpicLLOYD would be the one to edit it in because Pete is on tour right now & Lloyd is in charge of the uploads. That's usually where all the links & stuff for guest appearances are. They try to take all the energy that people have from watching the battle & direct it towards the guests' stuff. So if anything they might link Al's YouTube channel & maybe they might have a picture of the July 15th announcement if put in at Al's request. Remember the album release date is really recent news, he was working on the ERB before he contacted Iggy Azalea.
Concerts Attended: 1
September 19th, 2011 - Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO

Some people say I'm the one who got Al to be in an Epic Rap Battles of History.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

What time of day are these normally released? Like, will it be a thing I wake up to, or will I probably see it sometime in the afternoon?
And Peggy
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

If the previous battles of this storm are any indication, the battle is very likely to be up around 7 AM PT

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Cool. Thanks!
And Peggy
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

AccordionChick wrote:So if anything they might link Al's YouTube channel & maybe they might have a picture of the July 15th announcement if put in at Al's request. Remember the album release date is really recent news, he was working on the ERB before he contacted Iggy Azalea.
I know but he could have asked Peter and Lloyd to put that in before he announced the release date on Twitter. The guys could still be editing the video right now (or Lloyd could right now anyway). In this video Peter is editing the Superman-Goku rap battle the night before it's uploaded.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

The battle will be up about at 10 am EST.

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

GAHHHH Did Lloyd oversleep??? Haha, I have been waiting and waiting and it was supposed to be uploaded 45 minutes ago :P
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

Well the video has been uploaded for awhile but it's still on private...
EDIT: They just deleted the uploaded video.

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

It's out, and it's awesome!!! Also, it confirmed Mandatory Fun!!!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic