Epic Rap Battles of History Idea

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Re: Epic Rap Battles of History Idea

Post by CharlesNelson »

AccordionChick wrote:I have got some of the most amazing news for this. First of all I am a HUGE fan of Epic Rap Battles of History & Al, I've talked to the ERBoH guys a few times (they're extremely cool). Anyways, Nicepeter replied to me about having Al himself in an ERBoH. Here's what was said:

Me: What do you think of having "Weird Al" Yankovic in Season 3? I'd love to see him play himself or Sir Isaac Newton! Please answer if you can :) Thanks NP!

Nicepeter: I'm trying to do just that. I have his email, we met at the Youtube comedy week. he was awesome, he even complimented my bald guy song, which means he watched a non-erb video, which blew my friggin mind open. I could barely keep my cool around weird al, but I tried. I'll email him now, and tell him you said hi.

I will posting & keeping this updated if I get anymore info! :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/nicepeter/post ... 2677688916
Haven't read this topic until just now and this post woke me up right away. It just so happens that I have expert knowledge about ERB myself! By expert, of course, I mean "cursory, but more than enough to get by."

- ERB has never had someone play himself or herself before. I think Al would be the perfect candidate to break that streak - there's a first time for everything.
- They have gotten freakin' Snoop Lion before, playing Moses, so why not Al? Al is a very good rapper!
- I wouldn't mind Al playing someone else but I really really want him to play himself.
- Brain surge! In the past they've had characters grow up/evolve over the course of the rap, the best example being Elvis Presley vs. Michael Jackson. What if NicePeter played Afro-and-glasses 80's Al in the first half and then Al took over as himself for the second half?
- I don't know why I'm making this a bulleted list anymore.
- Al vs. Lady Gaga would not happen because a.) the public outside WOWAY has already forgotten about that mini-feud and more importantly b.) they've done Lady Gaga, and they never repeat characters unless it's another forced iteration of Hitler vs. Vader.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I guarantee that the Gaga Saga will be brought up in interviews 10 years from now. They havent forgotten, theres just no reason to talk about it until Al is promoting something different
CharlesNelson
Regular

Post by CharlesNelson »

minnick27 wrote:I guarantee that the Gaga Saga will be brought up in interviews 10 years from now. They havent forgotten, theres just no reason to talk about it until Al is promoting something different
Fair enough, but I don't think it would be mentioned in an ERB with Al, even if Lady Gaga isn't the character he's battling.

Speaking of promoting, maybe Al would hold off on appearing in an ERB video until his next album has a release date set. Forgot to mention that before.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
CharlesNelson
Regular

Post by CharlesNelson »

AccordionChick wrote:Me: What do you think of having "Weird Al" Yankovic in Season 3? I'd love to see him play himself or Sir Isaac Newton! Please answer if you can :) Thanks NP!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... er,_Bt.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... eirdal.jpg

I totally see it now... :o
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

CharlesNelson wrote:Speaking of promoting, maybe Al would hold off on appearing in an ERB video until his next album has a release date set. Forgot to mention that before.
Maybe not. Al has appeared in web videos without having a complete album to promote before. The Funny Or Die "Weird: The Al Yankovic Story" trailer is a perfect example of this as it came out just before the 2010 tour. He certainly didn't do it to promote Internet Leaks. I think he does web videos just to do them or keep busy when he's not writing songs or spending time with his family rather than just to promote an album or tour.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
CharlesNelson
Regular

Post by CharlesNelson »

Killingsworth wrote:
CharlesNelson wrote:Speaking of promoting, maybe Al would hold off on appearing in an ERB video until his next album has a release date set. Forgot to mention that before.
Maybe not. Al has appeared in web videos without having a complete album to promote before. The Funny Or Die "Weird: The Al Yankovic Story" trailer is a perfect example of this as it came out just before the 2010 tour. He certainly didn't do it to promote Internet Leaks. I think he does web videos just to do them or keep busy when he's not writing songs or spending time with his family rather than just to promote an album or tour.
Good point! I guess only time will tell!
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

Al has just been confirmed to be playing Sir Isaac Newton!...If only you could see my face right now...
Nice Peter & some of the ERB crew have been responding back to me on this since last year. But now that it's finally going to happen, I'm extremely excited! They've made one of my dreams really come true. I'll be posting updates as soon as they come out (I'm a moderator on the ERB forum & an avid ERB follower)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4jHSAhWQQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also ERB is supposed to be coming back early Spring as production is beginning now on the rest of the season (6 battles) so Al should be going in to record for them & everything within a couple of weeks.
Concerts Attended: 1
September 19th, 2011 - Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO

Some people say I'm the one who got Al to be in an Epic Rap Battles of History.
CharlesNelson
Regular

Post by CharlesNelson »

AccordionChick wrote:Al has just been confirmed to be playing Sir Isaac Newton!...If only you could see my face right now...
Nice Peter & some of the ERB crew have been responding back to me on this since last year. But now that it's finally going to happen, I'm extremely excited! They've made one of my dreams really come true. I'll be posting updates as soon as they come out (I'm a moderator on the ERB forum & an avid ERB follower)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4jHSAhWQQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also ERB is supposed to be coming back early Spring as production is beginning now on the rest of the season (6 battles) so Al should be going in to record for them & everything within a couple of weeks.
:whoot: :whoot: :whoot: :whoot: :whoot: I need to check this thread more often!!!

NicePeter made a different video recently in which he mentioned the first new rap battle of the second half of this season should probably be uploaded May 5, and even then Al's may not be the first one. The recent pattern has been six videos at a time, every two weeks. If that's the case for the next six videos, that makes the season May 5, May 19, June 2, June 16, June 30, and July 14. So we could have a long wait for this, but I'm SURE it'll be worth it. :D

I kind of want to see something less obvious than Newton vs. Galileo, but if I had to put money on something I would probably bet Galileo will be his adversary.

Al had better rap in an English accent the way Watsky did for playing Shakespeare and the Fourth Doctor.
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

Well recently instagramed by Nicepeter was this picture
http://instagram.com/p/lJF2ehleBW/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It turns out that both Nicepeter & EpicLLOYD will be in the same rap battle as Al :D Some people are thinking it could be either Walter White & Jesse (From Breaking Bad) VS Sir Isaac Newton.

I'll continue to post updates as they come out :D

Edit: Nicepeter posted this on Twitter, so Al has been in the studio recording for sure :whoot:
https://twitter.com/nicepeter/status/441799357994528768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Concerts Attended: 1
September 19th, 2011 - Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO

Some people say I'm the one who got Al to be in an Epic Rap Battles of History.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL12DejSvKQ

Not much...but Nice Peter and Weird Al. Plus ERB schedule.