The Big Fat UHF Topic

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Grom
Off The Deep End

Re: The Big Fat UHF Topic

Post by Grom »

Generally, you can't return something once you've opened it and watched it unless it's faulty. Although, it could be argued that the release is pretty damn faulty.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

You know the scene where Stanley's been getting away from the thugs, and he's just finished putting the chairs against the door, only for a guy to come bursting through the window? Well, that scene plays, and then it plays again. And the second time, Al in his current look with a red shirt on pops up from the bottom of the screen says something inaudible and then disappears. This happens again when Teri meets up with George at the fundraiser. The scene plays, then it plays again, with Current Al popping up from the bottom of the screen, saying something inaudible and then leaving.
Before buying the movie on DVD, I downloaded a ripped version on the internet it did the same thing. When you actually watch it on the actual DVD, the scene will or won't have "modern" Al popping in depending on whether you are watching the movie with or without the commentaries.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

The song you hear at night when they are pulling up to the network place for the first time, and again in the next scene when the sun is shining is very nice sounding, it also sounds like it's definitely Al's band but I could be wrong. Sounds like Steve and Jim's backround vocals so Im thinking it is, but you'd think it would be on the soundtrack either way.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I think that Al said in the commentary that it is them.

Back when the movie came out was there a big red carpet premiere? I was thinking about the big red carpet things that movies have today so i was wondering. But maybe there was not big showey things like that back then or maybe since Al never gets the respect he deserves maybe they didnt give him one. Does anyone remember or know?
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

crazygurl14 wrote:Al never gets the respect he deserves
I don't agree with that assertion whatsoever. He gets just the respect he deserves, and often more.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

No, he doesn't. As you mentioned yourself in the past, or I think it was you, that some people don't consider it "real" music and that he just rips off other artists. I hear this from metalheads alot, most find him awesome and funny but some don't respect him at all.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Al gets enough respect, and that's just fine with him. I don't think he cares otherwise. It's more about us than it is them, and always will be.

As for if there was a red carpet premiere or not, I think that would depend on the studio, not the respect level of any of it's stars. The smaller the movie and the smaller the studio, the less of a premiere.

It's not Al, it's business.

The amount of respect Al gets is another story for another day.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
michaelt4
Occasional

Post by michaelt4 »

AlejandraDD wrote: Before buying the movie on DVD, I downloaded a ripped version on the internet it did the same thing. When you actually watch it on the actual DVD, the scene will or won't have "modern" Al popping in depending on whether you are watching the movie with or without the commentaries.

The Australian release (which I have)when Modern Al pops up when the scene replays, HE DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. DOESN'T MAKE A SOUND.
Draggin' along my big leather suitcase and my garment bag and my tenor saxophone and my 12 pound bowling ball and my lucky, lucky autographed glow-in-the-dark snorkel!
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

The Australian release is an absolute smurfin' joke.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

It's my understanding that the Australian release is just a DVD rip of the American one :P
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009