The Big Fat UHF Topic

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

CB Johnny
Addicted

Re: The Big Fat UHF Topic

Post by CB Johnny »

As I scroll through Catra Dohtem's Songography I became curious about when Al does "Fine and Dandy" and his "Bum-Bum-Bah!" on the commentary.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

NNY273000 wrote:As I scroll through Catra Dohtem's Songography I became curious about when Al does "Fine and Dandy" and his "Bum-Bum-Bah!" on the commentary.
"Fine and Dandy" is the ditty Al is humming when he talks about how Art Metrano had auditioned for a part in the movie, as Art used to hum it himself when he performed comedic magic tricks on talk shows.

It's been a while since I last listened to the commentary, but IIRC, the "Bum-bum-bah!" part comes when George says, "At least I've still got Teri."
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

I think they could reissue UHF on DVD, and maybe add some more bloopers and deleted scenes. Then, to top it all off, they could make it blu-ray.
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

I seem to only watch UHF when I am going through hardships. I may be due for a viewing.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Badgers?...Badgers?....WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGERS!!!!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Yes, that is a quote from the movie.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah sorry it was just in my head last night.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I don't know if anyone knew about this already, but I found this thing:

This is the Region 4 release of UHF, and you should not buy it.

I'm really not kidding when I say don't buy this. If I didn't buy this from a real retail outlet in a real shopping mall in Australia, I'd assume this is some sort of Hong Kong bootleg. Which is still a possibility, but that's beside the point.

You know how the Aussie release of The Ultimate Video Collection was pretty much just the videos and not much more? Well, that had more features than this sack of smurf. It had scene selection. It had an audio menu. It had subtitles. It had a FREAKING MAIN MENU. This... This thing doesn't have any of that. A DVD released in 2010 (According to the back of the box) doesn't even have a freaking menu.

Oh, but that's not all. No way. The actual movie itself? Just a straight rip from the American DVD release. How do I know this? Well, for one thing, the title that comes up is just UHF, and not The Vidiot From UHF, as is common for films that have their names changed over here. (Airplane! to Flying High!, for instance.) That might be nitpicking, and it was until about the third act.

You know the scene where Stanley's been getting away from the thugs, and he's just finished putting the chairs against the door, only for a guy to come bursting through the window? Well, that scene plays, and then it plays again. And the second time, Al in his current look with a red shirt on pops up from the bottom of the screen says something inaudible and then disappears. This happens again when Teri meets up with George at the fundraiser. The scene plays, then it plays again, with Current Al popping up from the bottom of the screen, saying something inaudible and then leaving.

This is... terrible. Pretty much the worst DVD release that I have ever seen.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I always knew Australia was pretty crap when it comes to DVD releases of cult movies, but...wow. I...I'm sorry, dude.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Can you return it where you live? I'd suggest doing that, because I doubt it's going to be of much worth on eBay.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?