PEt Star and Fairly Odd Parents?

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ratbert197
Obsessed

PEt Star and Fairly Odd Parents?

Post by Ratbert197 »

According to this:

http://tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuideP ... pid-257953

Weird al was a celbrity judge on this show called pet star. Does anyone know anything else about this?

Also according to this: http://tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuideP ... pid-210732

Al did a voice on the fairly odd parents. Ive never seen either of these appearances announced on the website. Does anyone have any info?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Never heard of either of these shows but I think it says somewhere on the site that Al lent his voice to several cartoons so that might explain the latter one.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Bermuda maybe you can clear this up.
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

I'd seen the TV Tome listing myself a few weeks ago, guys. First of all, ANYONE can sign up as a moderator for a particular person or TV show on the TV Tome site. And that same ANYONE can post ANYTHING without verification. So take these kinds of "references" with a grain of salt.

Regarding "Fairly Oddparents" [which my kids do watch and is a very cute and funny show, IMHO], the TV Tome listing says that Al plays the character "Eddie The Gerbil" in the FOP episode entitled "That's Life". Well, that episode was coming on Nick recently, so I decided to tape it and check it out. Well, guess what. The Eddie the Gerbil character doesn't even have lines; he just sort of grunts and growls [don't ask ...]. And the episode end credits state Eddie was instead played by someone called "Carlos Alazraqui". ["Yup, see now, them thar words look JUST like 'Weird Al' Yankovic to me ..." :dontgetit: ]. As you can see, after I did research on his name, this gentleman has done several voices in many NickToons, so it is no surprise he showed up on FOP. [PS: A bit o' trivia -- he was also the voice of the infamous "Yo quiero Taco Bell" chihuahua.] And for further -- and final -- proof, scroll down the above linked IMDb listing on Carlos to 'Television Appearances', and you'll find this listing:
"Fairly OddParents, The" (2001) playing "Judge/Eddie" (voice) in episode: "That's Life"
So, the answer to question two is -- NO, Al has NEVER done a voice characterization on the Nickelodeon cartoon show "Fairly Oddparents".

Question one is a bit more difficult to research. There are no other net sites listing episode guides of Pet Star, the Animal Planet show that's a pet version of "American Idol" [or more like "The Gong Show" ...]. Even Animal Planet's site for the show itself has little about it.

Now, the TV Tome Episode Guide claims Al is on Episodes 2, 6, 11, 13, 14, and 15 [the Finals!] of "Pet Star". But I watched at least two of these episodes -- Al was nowhere to be seen in the episodes they listed!

Oddly enough, the TV Tome mentions that on Episode 13 of "Pet Star", Al even brings out Harvey the Wonder Hamster!! Now, either this happened, or else, the kid who wrote this Ep Guide has to get out of his house and go play some softball with his pals -- RIGHT NOW .... I'm trying to get more info, but it's limited. My gut tells me it's probably bogus, but my investigational instincts tell me "Find the evidence first". I especially want to see this mysterious "Episode 13" with Harvey soon!

So, as always, confirm your TV sightings with weirdal.com first.

:lookround:

However, while it is probably the most accurate Al reference out there, I did find that it occasionally has omissions too.

:lookround: [taking a risk at angering the WA.com gods here, but ...] I noticed the Television Appearances list does NOT include the VH1 series "I Love The 80's" (2002) or last year's TV Land special TV Land's Top 40 Theme Songs (2002). Maybe I should drop Jon a note ...y'think? I dunno ... I think he's kinda busy right now though ... [sheepishly shuffles feet and stares at ground].

Doc
jedimom
Addicted

Post by jedimom »

Oh man. I watched Pet Star But missed the finale! Al could have been on. And BTW some of those animals are WAY more alented than American Idols!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

If this is not true, I'm going to very upset! How can someone post untrue information about Al? They probably think it's a joke, but me personally, I DO NOT find the humor :mad: Geez, how juvenille can somebody be?

:biggrin:

Wibble!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

If this is not true, I'm going to very upset! How can someone post untrue information about Al? They probably think it's a joke, but me personally, I DO NOT find the humor Geez, how juvenille can somebody be?
Some people aren't going to get that joke, Bruce, which is funny.
they might be giants
Occasional

Post by they might be giants »

ive seen that fairly oddparents episode. i didnt recognize al though
Tim E. Tanga61
Die-hard Fan

Post by Tim E. Tanga61 »

QUOTE Oh man. I watched Pet Star But missed the finale! Al could have been on. And BTW some of those animals are WAY more alented than American Idols!

I saw it! Al wasn't on...but Skidboot, the dog that sneeks up on the toy, won!!!!! :biggrin:
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

My brother was watching Nickelodeon today, and there was a commercial for "Nickelodeon Summer", and there was a song in the commercial. The man singing the song sounded a lot like Al. In the commercial, they showed clips from "Fairly Oddparents". Maybe people got confused and thought Al was in an episode instead. Hey! 100 posts! My first milestone!