Space Ghost coming to DVD!

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Space Ghost coming to DVD!

Post by CatraDhtem »

I was told there are already commercials announcing such, but still I thought I should pass along the news that "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" is coming to DVD this fall!

Even though this is cool news already, it gets even better for this forum of ours.

Although there has yet to be any concrete word as to how the releases will be done (i.e., singles or sets), George Lowe (voice of Space Ghost) confirmed last weekend at the JACON Anime convention that the first release will consist of all ten episodes of the show's first season.

Unless my calculations are incorrect, this should include the "Banjo" episode, guest-starring Al!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

BAAAAAAAAAAAAANJOOOOO!!!!! (Sorry, just had to do it!)

Oh, that would be so cool if that were true. I wonder if they'll include that horrid "episode" with the old guy telling the story of the episode (And I believe the one he tells is the Al episode) as a bonus...Actually, I hope not. It's best that that's forgotten...
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Captain Tylor
Occasional

Post by Captain Tylor »

Here is an interesting AL fact:

According to the notes included with the now out of production Space Ghost Coast to Coast CD Soundtrack, Weird Al Yankovic was the ONLY celebrity who has ever asked to be on Space Ghost Coast to Coast!!!! When I read that in my cd case I just smiled because it makes it even better for me!! Its the kind of show he was made to be in :)

Oh yes and the DVDs have been advertised on Adult Swim as coming soon.......I cant wait!!!
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Spaced Gohst on DVD? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSS!!!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I wonder if they'll include that horrid "episode" with the old guy telling the story of the episode (And I believe the one he tells is the Al episode) as a bonus...Actually, I hope not. It's best that that's forgotten...

Yikes. I just remembered that's an actual episode from around season two. But this board isn't about rare bad episodes of Space Ghost, no, it's an Al forum! DVD is a format made for Al!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

No, not Spaced Gohst, Space Ghost.

OE..........
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

It always seems my typos are always pointed out to people.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

This sentence of yours has no typos whatsoever. I just thought I ought to point that out to people. :biggrin:
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

This sentence of yours has no typos whatsoever. I just thought I ought to point that out to people. :biggrin:

Aww...thanks O.E.! :)
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

According to the notes included with the now out of production Space Ghost Coast to Coast CD Soundtrack, Weird Al Yankovic was the ONLY celebrity who has ever asked to be on Space Ghost Coast to Coast!!!!

I thought it just said he was the first celebrity to do so.

With all of the oddball guests they've had on that show over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if more celebrities had asked to appear in later seasons.

Not sure if Al's distinction will be mentioned on the DVD...since reportedly the commentary will be done by Space Ghost, Zorak, and Brak.