Al & The Fine Bros

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Al & The Fine Bros

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Kids React (and the other React series) from The Fine Bros. Is one of my absolute favorite web series. If you haven't seen it, the premise is that they show a bunch of young kids a viral video or often a music video, get their reactions to it, and ask them questions about it. The Reacters, especially the Kids, are hilarious every time.

It's a great tool for spreading awareness of videos as well. I personally first heard of songs like "Gangnam Style," "What Does the Fox Say," "Happy," and "Blurred Lines" from seeing them on either Kids React or Teens React.

The Fine Bros get the ideas for what to feature on the show directly from the suggestions in their comments. When Mandatory Fun comes out, we really need to bombard their comments sections with the suggestion "Kids React to Weird Al." If so many of us suggest it, it's almost guaranteed to be featured. There's an especially good chance with "Tacky," because they like doing videos that harken back to older videos of theirs. If they did a "Kids React to Weird Al," they'd likely also show the kids some of his older videos in the same episode.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Al on Kids React

Post by Killingsworth »

Given that Al's videos would probably be the only ones shown on "Kids React" that are intentionally ridiculous, I don't think it would work as well...but that's just me.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Killingsworth wrote:Given that Al's videos would probably be the only ones shown on "Kids React" that are intentionally ridiculous, I don't think it would work as well...but that's just me.
What? Have you ever seen Kids React?

They've had loads of "intentionally ridiculous" stuff featured. "What Does the Fox Say," "Friday," "Gangnam Style," ...
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Yeah, they show straight up comedy videos all the time. There were Elders React episodes for both The Lonely Island and Epic Rap Battles of History not too long ago. (I was disappointed Al's ERB wasn't included.)

Anyway, I'd love to see Al's stuff on the show. Let's make it happen!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Don't watch a lot of Kids React, but always enjoy it whenever I do see it. Would be great to have them do something with an Al video.
And Peggy
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Huh. I was just wondering since I've only seen a couple of those videos. I think it would be more interesting to see Al on Elders React than Kids React, though.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I dunno. A few of the elders ive seen are mid 50s to early 60s, which puts them right in the prime age for listening to Dr Demento in his heyday, so they would most likely know Al.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

minnick27 wrote:I dunno. A few of the elders ive seen are mid 50s to early 60s, which puts them right in the prime age for listening to Dr Demento in his heyday, so they would most likely know Al.
Right. That would be like playing Michael Jackson for the Elders or playing Sponge Bob for the kids. The point is to show them something that is new to them. They usually have the elders react to more R-rated stuff.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

If Word Crimes and Foil have videos, those might be good to show to the teens since there have already been React videos for Blurred Lines and Foil with them. If they include older videos too, they should throw in Smells Like Nirvana since the teens saw the Teen Spirit video.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

If you want to help get Al on Kids React or Teens React, go to their latest video and post a comment saying "Kids React to Weird Al" or "Kids React to Weird Al's Tacky" or something like that. You don't have to name the specific video. If they see "Weird Al" enough, the Fine Bros will pick which videos to show the kids.