Estimated Date of Release for the new ALbum

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

Wanna know my prediction?

I predict that album #11 will be out before album #12.

I bet I'm right. LOL ;)

And anyWAY, even if this tour isn't going with an album, it's still extraordinarily cool. Not having a tour coincide with an album leaves space in the set list for all SORTS of cool vintage Al stuff that a lot of us missed the first time around like Dog Eat Dog and Melanie, not to mention songs he didn't get to do last tour like Your Horoscope For Today...

Heck with it. Al could be singing The Best of 17th Century Opera in an old Icelandic dialect and I'd go see it. I can't WAIT for this tour!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Plus, it would be great to be in the audience the night he debuts a brand-new song!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phillipemoz
Occasional

Re: Estimated Date of Release for the new ALbum

Post by Phillipemoz »

But there is going to be an Album before I'm too old to enjoy it?

How could you be too old to enjoy an Al Album? Unless you're dead- hopefully they have weird al music in heaven, but if you are going the other place you probably have to listen to Kenny G or Yanni nonstop. No offense if you are a fan of them. Everybody has their own private heck (for minor infractions not as bad as HEdouble hockey sticks), where you have to listen to your least favorite song over and over for all eternity.
louie the potato

Post by louie the potato »

Heh, don't ya think it would be funny if the album was named "Yet-to-be-Named"?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I know everyone likes to speculate on a release date, particularly as the first batch of tour dates has been announced. But a tour was in the works apart from whether the album would be finished or not, and we're no closer to knowing if it will be out before, during, or after the tour.

Ok, ok. No more speculations from me. I am thrilled you guys are going on tour, and with or without a new Album, I will be there if y'all come anywhere near me.

<Scottidog stifles the urge to pester Jon about what's the hangup with finishing the Album already?>

New Al music and tour dates are good things. Very good things. Thanks for the input Bermuda.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

How could you be too old to enjoy an Al Album? Unless you're dead- hopefully they have weird al music in heaven
I'm certainly counting on it.
but if you are going the other place you probably have to listen to Kenny G or Yanni nonstop. No offense if you are a fan of them. Everybody has their own private heck (for minor infractions not as bad as HEdouble hockey sticks)
(ruled over by Dilbert's Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light, brandishing a spoon)
where you have to listen to your least favorite song over and over for all eternity.

Maybe the soundtrack for heck consists of the complete collected works of every artist mentioned in "Achy Breaky Song." There's probably no one who detests EVERYBODY on that list, but there's also probably no one who likes everybody on that list either. Can you imagine someone who's a fan of both Yoko Ono and Debby Boone, for example?

Excuse me a minute, this is really fascinating, but I need to go turn over my pan flute album. :P
Nathaniel

Patience

Post by Nathaniel »

First week of May is my guess.

The album ought to come with a certificate for us: "Most Patient Fan Base." It's been almost four years...

Maybe the release of the album will coincide with the release of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." It'll come with the same certificate.
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Maybe the soundtrack for heck consists of the complete collected works of every artist mentioned in "Achy Breaky Song." There's probably no one who detests EVERYBODY on that list, but there's also probably no one who likes everybody on that list either. Can you imagine someone who's a fan of both Yoko Ono and Debby Boone, for example?

How many times has someone played that song for a friend only to have them suddenly frown and shout,"Hey! He should just leave Donnie and Marie alone!" or "I like ABBA!"
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

<Scottidog likes Barry Manilow and the Bee Gees. RIP, Maurice.>

Nathaniel, your friends let you play Weird Al for them??? Mine run screaming from the room...

Welcome aboard!